Terracotta Day Tours: Mini-bus, Walking or Cycling
We offer both full-day and half-day mini-bus tours to many popular tourist attractions in Portugal within a 1-2 hour drive of the Lisbon / Cascais area. We also offer half-day walking tours in Sintra, Cascais area, along the Atlantic coast and in Sintra Natural Park. Also, guided single day bike tours are available upon request for groups from 4 to 16. Please see some of our day tours descriptions below and contact us for more information.
Half-Day Mini-Bus Tours (pick up 8:30-9 am at your hotel in Cascais /Estoril, return hotel 1:30 pm)
1) Magical Sintra, Cabo da Roca and Guincho Beach
Don’t miss a day trip to Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage site close to Lisboa. This lush green mountain range is home to palaces, castles and delicious pastries. Enjoy the stunning sea views from Cabo da Roca, the most westerly point in Europe and Cascais’s most dramatic beach – Guincho.
2) Mafra and Ericeira - Visit the impressive National Monastery Palace of Mafra built by João V in the 18th c. to honour a vow made on the birth of a royal heir. After 13 years of construction, the marble masterpiece included resplendant living quarters for the royals as well as rooms for 300 monks. Return via the coast with a stop in the beach town of Ericeira (everyday except Tuesdays).
Full Day Mini-Bus Tours (with pick up 8:30-9 am at your hotel in Cascais, Estoril or Sintra, return hotel 6:30 pm)
1) Gracious Óbidos and Alcobaça
Succumb to the charms of Óbidos, a picture-pefect walled village with white-washed houses covered in vines and flowers. Taste Ginginha the local cherry liqueur. Discover the grandiose 12th c. monastery in Alcobaça and option to lunch in the seaside village of Nazaré.
2) Azeitão and Arrábida – Wine & Cheese Tasting, Tile Making & Spectacular Sea Views
Let us show you the magnificent wine country of Azeitão nestled at the base of the dramatic cliffs of Arrabida Natural Park. Visit a quaint old quinta (farming estate) to learn about and taste the local ewe’s milk cheese, sausages & local desserts*. Then find out how traditional Portuguese tiles have been made for centuries at a local workshop. Next we’ll stop at one of the best known Portuguese wineries for a tour and tasting of their red and moscatel wines. Finally we’ll take you to Arrabida Park for gorgeous sea views and seafood if you like. *Reservations must be made 48 hours prior to tour. Cost of tastings not included.
3) Majestic Óbidos, Alcobaça, Nazaré, Batalha and Fátima
See Tour 2) above and continue on to the fishing village of Nazaré, the famous magnificent 14th century gothic Monastery of Batalha and finally make the pilgrimage to Fátima.
4) Fortified Masterpieces – Évora and Marvão – Located in the heart of the Alentejo plains, 130 km south of Lisbon, Évora is another «must see» in Portugal. This UNESCO World Heritage Site has a fascinating and well-preserved town centre enclosed by medieval walls, filled with museums and monuments) dating from various historical periods (the Chapel of Bones, Roman Temple to Diana, among others). Marvão sits at 1000m atop a granite pedestal practically on the Spanish border.
5) Memorable Évora and Monsaraz – See tour 4) above and visit pottery workshops en route to the hill town of Monsaraz. This village made of slate offers some of the best views of the olive orchards in the Alentejo plains.
6) CUSTOM TOURS AVAILABLE! Have a group of four or more? Contact us and we will design a custom tour for you.
MINI-BUS TOURS – PRICES PER PERSON:
Your group size | Half-day | Full Day
1-8 55€ 75€
9-16 50€ 70€
RESERVE YOUR MINI-BUS TOUR NOW: (+351) 91 559 77 00
… or e-mail:
Four person minimum for tour departure. Cost of meals and entrance fees not included. Accident and liability insurance coverage included.
Terracotta Walking Tours with a View
Half-day walking tours in Cascais and Sintra. Avoid the crowds, enjoy the views and fresh air! (Pick up at 8:30-9 am at your hotel in Cascais, Estoril or Sintra).
See descriptions below:
A) Sintra Castle Walk – half-day
Sintra is a lovely World Heritage site with many treasures visible only on foot. Begin walk at the National Palace in downtown Sintra and explore the mountain passing beautiful private estates in lush forest on your way to the Moorish Castle and Penaferrim Chapel. Follow a foot track down the hill to Santa Maria Church and visit the Parque de Liberdade on your return to the town.
Length: 5.2 km. Terrain: medium (2 km uphill and 3.3 km flat or downhill).
B) Guincho Walk – half-day
Avoid the crowds and inhale the sea breezes at the dramatic beach of Guincho with the Sintra mountains towering behind. Wind along the cliffs and discover refreshing surprise at the end of the trail. Just in case, bring your bathing suit!
Length: 7 km. Terrain: easy/moderate
C) Cabo Roca Coastal Walk – half-day
Enjoy the coastal views from the sightseeing mini-bus as we head to our trailhead at Cabo da Roca, the most westerly point in Europe. This amazing walk offers splendid views and the chance to observe local maritime flora and fauna.
Length – option of 8 or 11 km. Terrain: easy/moderate
D) Serra da Sintra Walk – half-day
We begin our walk at Peninha chapel near the quaint foothill village of Malveira da Serra and explore the trails in the Sintra Natural Park.
Length – 7 km or 10 km. Terrain: easy/moderate
E) CUSTOM TOURS: Have a group of 6 or more? Tell us what you want and we will design a walking tour for you, any length or destination.
WALKING TOURS – PRICE PER PERSON:
Group size / Price €
2-4 / 50€
5+ / 35€
RESERVE YOUR WALKING TOUR NOW: (+351) 91 559 77 00
… or e-mail:
2-person minimum for tour departure.
Cost of meals and entrance fees not included. Accident and liability insurance coverage included.
Terracotta Half-Day and Full-Day Cycling Tours
We offer cycling day tours along the Atlantic coast or in the Sintra Natural Park area. To arrange a custom cycling day tour for your group phone us now: (+351) 91 559 77 00
… or e-mail:
Terracotta Journeys – Officially Licensed Tour Operator (Alvará 44/2008)