Inspiring Cycling and Walking Tours in Europe!
Terracotta Journeys offers cycling tours and hiking tours off the beaten track in Spain, Portugal and France for the active traveler seeking delicious food and wines, impressive scenery and historic accommodation. Our goal is to show active tourists the best of European back roads and scenery as well as offer them an authentic cultural experience.In order to create the best possible trips we’ve done our utmost to select the calmest trails and bicycling routes with attractive views, charming historic hotels and restaurants, and most importantly, highly-motivated and enthusiastic trip leaders. Find out why choosing Terracotta Journeys is the best choice for your active vacation by reading some of our clients’ testimonials in the column to the right.
We chose an olive branch as the Terracotta Journeys symbol because we aim to enthusiastically promote understanding between peoples as well as encourage environmentally friendly (and healthy) ways to travel. By introducing you to other cultures, foods and lifestyles while on our bike tours and walking trips, we’ll give you with an unforgettable experience and the thrill of discovering new destinations.Come and join us on a tour and partake in one of the most pleasurable and satisfying ways of seeing Europe.
How are we different? First of all, we focus on offering tours in the corner of Europe we know best, to give you an insider’s view of both Spain and Portugal – two countries each with their own unique culture varying greatly from region to region.
Secondly, we place special importance on delicious Southwestern European cuisine and wine, from fresh seafood on the coast, to organic acorn-fed pig delicacies inland to wines produced in family-owned wineries. So, not only will you immerse yourself in the local everyday life as you bike or walk through medieval hilltop villages and more, but you’ll have the chance to savor the culture in every delicious regional meal. Learn more about us.
We know you’ll love our tours but don’t take our word for it! See what our clients say about their bike tours or walking tours in Europe with Terracotta Journeys. Also, take a look at a video of some of our recent bike tours:
Red, red wine!
According to recent studies, “red wine may be much more potent than was thought in extending human life span”. At Terracotta Journeys, we guessed as much awhile ago and have been working hard to ensure all of our guests lead healthy long lives. During our “treatments” we provide sporty fun activities during the day and very good foods with special life-span prolonging medicine at dinnertime. This is one more reason we say “saúde” (health) when we toast!
Why choose Terracotta Journeys?
- geographically focused. It is smart to choose a company that specializes in a region;
- excellent service and helpful, enthusiastic multilingual trip leaders;
- beautiful bicycling and trekking roads and routes;
- unique, premium historic hotels;
- delicious food and wine. Most dinners included, where wine is always included (check each trip for details on # of dinners);
- our dedication to ours guests. They arrive as clients and leave as friends;
- concern for safety above all (all guides have CPR training and most are certified by the Red Cross – European Reference Centre for First Aid Education);
- fully certified tour operator (official license 44/2008 to operate bike and walking tours in Portugal);
- free use of high quality Trek bicycles;
- you never get lost with our easy & user friendly Garmin GPS navigation (plus paper maps);
- freedom to travel at your own pace;
- we welcome families;
- we have a 100% satisfaction rate from our guests and give you references.
See more information about us here.